[Extension] PlayMaker Support (UPDATED 16 May 15)

Have you created Editor Extensions for Cinema Director? Share them here! Looking to integrate your product to Director or looking for support to your editor extension, let us know!

Re: [Extension] Unofficial PlayMaker Support

Postby lamprabbit » Tue May 12, 2015 5:57 am

Any ideas on when this could be available?
lamprabbit

Postby TrickyHandz » Tue May 12, 2015 9:28 am

I'm not sure regarding official integration. However, im going to make time this weekend to get a new package available here on the forums. I've just been backlogged due to personal stuff.
TrickyHandz

Postby TrickyHandz » Sat May 16, 2015 4:50 pm

[Quick Update on Progress]

I'm doing a review of the code at the moment. There are several things that could be made a bit more modular on the code side, but that doesn't stop things from working. During my initial writing of the Director Events I overlooked that you could have multiple PlayMaker FSMs on a single game object. As a result, I revisited every Director Event and added the ability to select from a list of FSMs that are on the game object. Which looks like this:

When it comes to sending an event to an FSM, you can choose to either send to all the FSMs on a game object or select from the list provided. For manipulating variables, you must select an FSM from the list.

I should be done with this shortly and have it packaged and available for download today. As always, I will recommend deleting the "Cinema Director PlayMaker Integration" folder from your project before importing the new version.
TrickyHandz

Re: [Extension] Unofficial PlayMaker Support (UPDATED 16 May

Postby gateway » Tue May 26, 2015 4:09 pm

I have been looking around for a nice system to integrate with Playmaker and your doing an excellent job on this. Are the Cinema guys also working on this or do you think they will incorporate your work?

Also it might be pretty handy to have a very small demo scene that has a few director things going on and being able to trigger, them from playmaker.. hell it could be a plane, with a few cubes a a few cameras.. thoughts?
gateway

Postby TrickyHandz » Tue May 26, 2015 4:34 pm

@gateway,

I'm glad this system is helping you out. I'm working with the guys at Cinema Suite on this to make sure everything is working well and from discussions we have had this should be moving from "unofficial" status to "official" in the future.

In regards to a demo scene, I have one that was built on the Director basics scene and incorporated a PlaymakerFSM to do Play, Pause, Stop, Skip based on user input. I took it out with the latest release I posted here, but can incorporate something back in as you have suggested. I will look at building a new scene to meet that need in the coming weeks. I'm a bit tied up with another project at the moment, but should be able to find time for that. if anything I will expand my old example scene to show some stuff being pushed from Director to a PlaymakerFSM as well.

Cheers,
Tim
TrickyHandz

Postby Anders » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:48 pm

As of the latest Cinema Director, the "Event to Send" on the cutscene ending in "Play Cutscene" and "Send Event On Cutscene End" action no longer work. In short, they don't send the event, or they send it immediately.
Anders

Postby TrickyHandz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:40 am

@Anders,

Sorry I missed this post, but I'm looking in to this issue now. To help me track this down could you provide me the version of PlayMaker and Unity that you are using?

Cheers,
Tim
TrickyHandz

Postby TrickyHandz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:22 pm

@Anders,

I'm working on this one right now and I have narrowed down some issues with the PlayMaker "Send Event on Cutscene End" action. Basically, this action is only checking to see if the cutscene is in an inactive state. This results in the event being fired immediately if the cutscene referenced in the FSM State was not started before the state was entered. This makes things a bit difficult and I admit that I did not extensively test this particular action. I am trying out several things to work through such problems so I can get this updated.

When using the "Event to Send" property in the PlayMaker "Play Cutscene" Action, the event will be send as soon as the cutscene starts, unless you check the "Freeze State Until End" is set to true.

If you are referencing the "Send FSM Event" from Director, I am currently unable to find any issues. If you could provide more details about how the Director Cutscene and the PlayMakerFSM are set up, I would greatly appreciate it. If you could provide a project with a reproduction of the issue that would be great for helping to track this down.

NOTE: All my observations listed above are from testing using Unity 5.2.1f1, Cinema Director 1.4.2.1, and PlayMaker 1.7.8.3p2
TrickyHandz

Postby TrickyHandz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Regarding the above, the limitation I found in the code for the "Send Event on Cutscene End" is also present in the code for sending an event in the "Play Cutscene" action. As a result, I am now working on a way to better handle this. Once I am done, I will be posting the code applicable code snippets here and sending and updated package up for inclusion in the Director distro.
TrickyHandz

Postby TrickyHandz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 pm

@Anders,

I believe I have tracked down all the issues on the PlayMaker action in question. I am doing some further testing on it before publishing any fixes. At the moment, everything seems to be working well though.
TrickyHandz

PreviousNext

Return to Editor Extensions