Tell your story with Cinema Director, a MUST have companion to the Unity Game Engine for adding cinematic events to your project, from a team that has been helping Unity Developers since 2012. Whether you are a technical or non-technical user of Unity, Cinema Director provides a robust tool-set to help you succeed. Now with Unity 5 support!
Take control of Unity with the most stable, advanced, and proven timeline editor on the market. It enables game developers, film professionals and machinima gurus to control, sequence and manipulate almost any Unity game object and its associated properties, allowing for dynamic cutscenes and in-game sequencing, all without the need for scripting or programming.
A bowl of awesome features that include:
- Shot tracks that allow control of camera cuts.
- Audio tracks that make editing Audio in Unity quick and easy.
- An extendable Actions library, containing over 60 events, that allow triggering of transitions, animations (Legacy/Mecanim), physics and much more. What’s even better is you can create your own custom events using our API!
- Live Timeline Scrubbing and Previewing allows you to make fine adjustments to your project without having to run unity in play mode. (Mecanim animations and physics events require play mode to preview).
- Advanced Curve Editing for manipulating properties over time.
- Actor and Multi-Actor grouping to keep your sequence organized.
- Themes that change the look and feel of your scene with themes such as horror, noire, dream sequence and more.
- Open source run-time code. You won’t ship anything to your end users that you aren’t aware of.
- Extend the Director control by adding your own tracks, timeline objects and associated controls with little effort.
- Easily create storyboards for your project.
- RECORD your cutscene to individual frames for video editing. Record as high a framerate and resolution as you want without affecting system performance.
- Many more awesome features that a creative mind will love!
1000’s of Cinema Director users can’t be wrong:
- Share your project’s story and atmosphere without restriction through the use of an intuitive visual timeline editor.
- The ability to easily create cutscenes and game trailers to show off your project and help you be successful in your Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight and other marketing campaigns.
- Re-factor and re-organize your cutscenes without strain. Authoring great cutscenes requires a lot of time and editing, you shouldn’t have to pre-plan how everything will play out.
- Access to a library of actions and events that cover a range of cutscene requirements. Awesome results without programming.
- The ability to extend the software extension to meet your own game’s needs (open source).
- Access to a tool similar to Unreal’s Matinee and Source Filmmaker for Unity.