Tell your story with Cinema Director, a must have companion to the Unity Game Engine
Cinema Director is a modular timeline editor for Unity. It enables game developers, film professionals and machinima gurus to control, sequence and manipulate almost any Unity game object and its associated properties, allowing for dynamic cutscenes and in-game sequencing, all without the need for scripting or programming.
A bowl full of awesome
Some features include:
- Shot tracks that allow control of camera cuts.
- Audio tracks that make editing Audio in Unity quick and easy.
- An extendable Actions library, containing over 60 actions, that allow triggering of transitions, animations (Legacy/Mecanim), physics and much more.
- Live Timeline Scrubbing and Previewing allows you to make fine adjustments to your project without having to run unity in play mode. (Mecanim animations and physics events require play mode to preview).
- Advanced Curve Editing for manipulating properties over time.
- Actor and Multi-Actor grouping to keep your sequence organized.
- Themes that change the look and feel of your scene with themes such as horror, noire, dream sequence and more.
- Open source run-time code. You won’t ship anything to your end users that you aren’t aware of.
- Extend the Director control by adding your own tracks, timeline objects and associated controls with little effort.
- Easily create storyboards for your project.
- Many more awesome features that a creative mind will love!
What we want for our Users:
- Share your project’s story and atmosphere without restriction through the use of an intuitive visual timeline editor.
- The ability to easily create cutscenes to show off your project and help you be successful in your Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight and other marketing campaigns.
- Re-factor and re-organize your cutscenes without strain. Authoring great cutscenes requires a lot of time and editing, you shouldn’t have to pre-plan how everything will play out.
- Access to a library of actions and events that cover a range of cutscene requirements. Awesome results without programming.
- The ability to extend the software extension to meet your own game’s needs (open source).
- Access to a tool similar to Unreal’s Matinee and Source Filmmaker for Unity.